In partnership, the Urban Land Institute and the Aspen Institute present the Global Forum on the Culture of Innovation in San Diego on September 5-6. This convening will serve as an influential platform to share the latest thinking and explore successful innovation ecologies across a variety of scales – from building, to cluster, to district, to city. The goal of the Forum is to illuminate the conditions and strategies conducive to building sustainable, idea-generating environments in order to drive 21st Century economic development and generate real estate value.
Over two days, a group of 200 policymakers, leaders in real estate development and technology, artists, scientists, and intellectuals from around the world will come together to share experiences. They will engage with each other and define actions to address the challenges and opportunities of creativity and innovation in land use and socioeconomic development. This Forum will identify critical issues to further inform the agenda of a World Summit on the Culture of Innovation to be organized in conjunction with the 2013 ULI Spring Meeting next May and the 100th Anniversary of Balboa Park in 2015.
The Forum will be held at Balboa Park in San Diego, September 5-6. The program will consist of keynote addresses, plenary sessions, in-depth discussions in small groups, workshops, artistic and cultural events, and the showcasing of creative and innovative experiences at the intersection of technology, culture, and business.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Jonah Lehrer – Author, Imagine – How Creativity Works (#1 on NYT Best Seller List on 4/8/12). Also, contributor to Wired Magazine and the New York Times.
- Alan Webber – Co-Founder, Fast Company and formerly with the Harvard Business Review. Fast Company focuses on the world’s most innovative companies, people and places.
- Thomas Robinson – Principal, Lever Architects – Lead architect for Pixar Headquarters
- Tom Murphy – Urban Land Institute Urban Development Fellow and former Mayor from the City of Pittsburgh
- Elliott Gerson – Aspen Institute, Executive Vice President, Policy and Public Programs
- Mary Walshok – Dean, University of San Diego California and founder of San Diego’s regional biotech/high tech business association CONNECT
Attendance is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending, please email Emily Weberman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and a brief paragraph on why you’d like to attend.
Cost of attendance on and before 8/5/12:
- $595 for ULI members & non-members
- $395 for Public Sector Employees
- $300 for Young Leaders (under 35) and students.
Pricing beginning 8/6/12:
- $670 for ULI members & non-members
- $470 for Public Sector Employees
- $375 for Young Leaders (under 35) and students.
Pricing increases an additional $25 for all categories after pre-registration closes (8/30/12).