Five female Associate, YLG, and/or student members of ULI will be awarded scholarships to attend the 2012 ULI Fall Meeting in Denver from October 16-19 and advance the mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI). The scholarship will include complimentary registration and a $1000 reimbursement of expenses related to hotel, airfare, local transport, and meals.
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- Completed application form with basic information, ULI engagement, and essay (400 word maximum) addressing the question: “How will involvement in WLI and attendance at the Fall Meeting serve your long-term professional interests?”
- Signed letter from employer/school indicating support of application and confirmation that it will not cover applicant’s costs related to the Fall Meeting (see attached form letter; not required if self-employed or unemployed)
The winning candidate will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Level of ULI engagement
- Demonstration of commitment to real estate and land use issues
- Articulation of benefit of WLI involvement and Fall Meeting attendance to applicant’s interests and profession
The winning candidates will notified by September 21. The winning candidates are required to participate in the following activities:
- Attend a product council session with a WLI member designated as their mentor for the 2012 Fall Meeting
- Attend all WLI-branded events during the Fall Meeting
- Attend the Fall Meeting Women’s Reception, which will formally recognize the award winners
- Write short essays (400 word maximum) summarizing key takeaways from the Fall Meeting, to be posted on the ULI website
Applications should be submitted before 11:59 pm on September 9. Applicants may email one consolidated Word or PDF file (including signed letter of support from employer/school) labeled “LastName_FirstName” to Jessie.Himmelrich@uli.org with the subject heading “2012 WLI Fall Meeting Scholarship.” Please do not mail hard copies to ULI.
Questions may be directed to Jessie Himmelrich at Jessie.Himmelrich@uli.org.
ULI Washington strongly supports this iniatitive and encourages any female ULI member in the local real estate and land use business to apply!
The Women’s Leadership Initiative (the “WLI”) was delighted to formally launch in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. The WLI was formed late in 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative. To view the mission of WLI and a full program of work, visit: http://www.uli.org/programs/leadership-programs/womens-initiative/.