ULI Washington is pleased to announce the graduation of its 2016 Leadership Institute class and is proud to welcome them as alumni of the program.
Consisting of 27 mid-career professionals from the public, private and nonprofit real estate and planning professions, this year’s class was selected from a competitive applicant pool of professionals from around the region.
The graduates of 2015/2016 Leadership Institute are:
- Malaika Abernathy Scriven: Lead Planner, DC Office of Planning
- Michael Antonelli: Vice President, Capital One
- Tatiana Bendeck: Project Manager, Perkins Eastman
- Michael Brown: Planner Coordinator, Montgomery County Planning Department
- Gabriela Canamar Clark: Principal, LandDesign, Inc.
- Hilary Chapman: Housing Program Manager, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Justin Chapman: Real Estate Development Manager, Skanska Commercial Development
- Benjamin Cohen: Vice President of Corporate Interiors, Davis Construction Corporation
- Luke Davis: Director, Real Estate Investments, Kettler, Inc
- Dan Emerine: Transportation Planner, DC Office of Planning
- Yewande Fapohunda: Development Director, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
- JoAnne Fiebe: Revitalization Program Manager, Fairfax County Office of Community Revitalization
- Robert Goodill: Partner, Torti Gallas + Partners
- Jeff Hinkle: Urban Planner, National Capital Planning Commission
- Ruth Hoang: Vice President, Development, Howard Hughes Corporation
- Phillip Hummel: Attorney, Linowes and Blocher LLP
- Debra Jones: Business Development Manager for Attraction & Recruitment, Charles County Government – Department of Economic Development
- Thomas Lee: Program Director, Enterprise Community Partners
- Michael Lozier: Assistant Vice President/ Washington, D.C. CRE, US Bank
- Robin McElhenny: Program Manager for Real Estate and Station Planning, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Molly McKay: Principal, Willdan Financial Services
- Bob Mills: Finance Associate, The Wharf (JV of Madison Marquette and PN Hoffman)
- Radhika Mohan: Principal Planner, City of Alexandria
- Brandon Scott Rowe: Planner Coordinator, Maryland- National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Prince George’s County Planning Department
- Gilles Stucker: Senior Project Manager, DC Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Arlova Vonhm: Principal Planner, Arlington County
- Liisa Warden: Manager, Baker Tilly
Graduates of this fifth class of participants in the Leadership Institute program join a network of over 130 alumni.
The Regional Land Use Leadership Institute provides a powerful local resource to raise awareness and strengthen collaboration among real estate industry and business leaders from all sectors to tackle the region’s complex land use issues. The program, which is designed for professionals poised to assume leadership positions in their organization in the near future, helps build a network of leaders who share a passion for creating great places.
The program was organized around eight-full day sessions held throughout the Metropolitan Washington Region and concluded with a four mini Technical Assistance Panels (mTAP) completed by smaller teams within the class. The 2016 class’ mTAPs focusued on Affordable Housing in Frederick, the 11th Street Bridge Park, Converting Office to Residential in Arlington, and Opportunities for MARC Rail Communities in Montgomery County. Findings from these mTAPs will be released in the near future.
To learn more about the Regional Land Use Leadership Institute or apply for the 2016/2017 program visit: http://washington.uli.org/what-we-do/leadership-institute/.
To receive ULI Washington press releases click here.