ULI Washington today announced the finalists for its annual Real Estate Trends Conference Awards Program, a conference component that highlights innovative development under way in the Metropolitan Washington Region.
The six distinctive award categories recognize innovative projects, policies, and initiatives that contribute to the enhancement of vibrant neighborhoods, exemplify creative problem solving, and celebrate visionary thinking. The finalists, in alphabetical order, are:
- Lot 31|Bethesda, MD
- Engine Company 13 and Hyatt Place Hotel| Washington, DC
- Maurice Electric at Union Market| Washington, DC
- 5600 Fishers Lane| Rockville, MD
- Octave 1320| Silver Spring, MD
- The Hive| Washington, DC
- Park Van Ness| Washington, DC
- The John & Jill Ker Conway Residence | Washington, DC
- Springs Apartments| Arlington, VA
- Turkish American Community Center| Lanham, MD
- University of the District of Columbia Student Center | Washington, DC
- Dunbar Senior High School | Washington, DC
- The Wharf| Washington, DC
- The Bonifant | Silver Spring, MD
The winners of each category will be announced at an awards ceremony at the 2017 Real Estate Trends Conference on April 25th.
Regarding the Trends Awards, Bob Peck, Jury Foreman for the Trends Conference Awards remarked:
“This year’s 54 applications for the Trend Awards represent a robust cross-section of projects in the region. The projects reflect the best of the Washington real estate community’s creativity and dedication to making livable, sustainable places. The new category of Adaptive Reuse attracted a good number of applications, demonstrating how much this kind of project is contributing to increasingly diversified development in our region. The jurors were impressed by the number, quality and variety of public-private partnerships that were represented among the projects. The jury did not find it easy to narrow the field but we feel that the 14 finalists are the best in their categories, providing models for vibrant housing, commercial and mixed-use development in our region’s communities. We will be excited to announce the winners at the Trends conference on April 25th!
The Real Estate Trends Conference, ULI Washington’s signature event, now in its 20th year, features local and national speakers and provides a crash course on where the real estate industry is now and where it is headed. The theme for the 2017 conference is “Dynamic Decades: Past and Future.”
You can learn more about the 2017 ULI Washington Real Estate Trends Conference at: http://washingtontrends.uli.org/