Regional Land Use Leadership Institute
Application Now Available!
Deadline for Applying is June 14, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
APPLY NOW, CLICK HERE
What is the ULI Washington Regional Land Use Leadership Institute?
Now beginning its third year, the ULI Washington’s Regional Land Use Leadership Institute is a powerful local resource created to raise awareness and strengthen collaboration among emerging leaders to tackle the region’s complex land use issues.
Who should apply?
Individuals working in the real estate industry and related fields who:
- Are emerging leaders slated for future leadership roles
- Have a minimum five years of real estate experience
- Are committed to community service and civic engagement
- Have a vision for the future of the Washington, DC region
- Work in the real estate industry and its related fields (finance, law, government, design engineering, planning, construction, sustainability, health care, education, affordable housing, etc)
The Program is open to ULI members and non-members.
What are the benefits of participation to me and my company?
- Gain insights and life management skills
- Improve your ability to interface with professionals across sectors and throughout the region
- Collaborate with real estate professionals in problem solving
How does the program work?
The program is organized around eight full-day seminars consisting of:
- Panel Discussions
- Property Tours
- Small Group Activities
- Leadership Lectures and Activities
- Other Activities which provide participants access to industry leaders, elected officials, and recognized experts in real estate and land use.
During the course of the program, participants will have an opportunity to provide leadership on a critical Washington regional issue through a mini Technical Assistance Panel (mTAP). Working in teams, participants will be responsible for sharing their expertise and advice to develop recommendations for a sponsor organization.
|The class topics and schedule are:|
|Opening Dinner||September 18, 2013|
|Day 1:||The Region in Context||September 19, 2013|
|Day 2:||Transportation and Infrastructure||October 17, 2013|
|Day 3:||Development Process and Capital Markets||November 14, 2013|
|Day 4:||Building Healthy Communities||December 12, 2013|
|Day 5:||Economic Development||January 16, 2014|
|Day 6:||Demographics and Housing||February 20, 2014|
|Day 7:||Environment/Sustainability||March 20, 2014|
|Day 8:||Regional Competitiveness||April 17, 2014|
|Graduation||May 15, 2014|
How will the class selection be made?
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application
- A letter of recommendation
- An authorization from their employer that allows them to spend the time engaged in the program.
An application review committee will choose participants who represent a range of sectors and geographic areas.
What is the cost of the program?
The tuition for the nine-month program is $3,000 for ULI members and $3,500 for nonmembers.
Scholarship funds are available based on need and the desire to create a class with representation from private sector, public sector, and nonprofit organizations.
For more information contact Lisa Rother, ULI Washington Executive Director at 202-506-0482 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.