ULI Washington Young Leaders: 2017 – 2018 Mentorship Program
Deadline: Friday, July 14, 2017
Registration is now open for the program’s 12th program year, which will begin in September 2017 and run through Summer 2018. Please complete the application process by July 14th to be considered for the program. Applicants admitted to the program will be sent a separate link to pay the $50 registration fee. The ULI Washington Mentorship program pairs small groups of young leaders with industry veterans, for the purpose of building relationships and sharing industry best practices. Groups schedule their own monthly meetings and determine their own content, often joining together for project tours or panel discussions. The program also hosts networking events throughout the year as a benefit to participants. As the success of each group is only possible with 100% participation and attendance by all group members for the full program year, program participants are selected based on the competitive application process outlined below.
Fall 2017 – Summer 2018 Registration Period June 12th – July 14th
- Each group has 1 mentor and 5-7 young leaders
- Groups mix professional backgrounds and organizations so young leaders experience the breadth of the real estate community
- Each group meets every 4-6 weeks, on their schedule
- Locations and topics vary according to each group’s interests, but often include:
- informal discussions,
- career planning,
- project case studies,
- social events,
- project tours,
- small panel discussions.
- Small group format necessitates every young leader be fully committed to the program
- 100% attendance and participation is expected throughout the full program year
- Low participation may disqualify you from future program participation
Confidentiality is absolute. A breach of this trust will be treated as a resignation from the Mentorship Program.
Coordinators play a crucial role in the program by acting as a liaison with the Mentor, scheduling meetings, working to keep the group focused, and providing feedback to the Mentorship Committee. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the group continues to meet on a regular basis and that each member of the group is contributing.
- Manage scheduling of meetings and keep in touch with the mentor and other group members throughout the year.
- Provide feedback to the Mentorship committee throughout the year.
If you are interested in this role please check the appropriate box on the registration form.
- Application opens June 12th:
- Applicants accepted will be sent a link to a ULI website to pay the $50 registration fee
- You must complete both application steps to be eligible to participate
- Capacity limitations and participation requirements create a competitive application process –not all applicants will be accepted into the program. Completing only one step of the application will result in automatic rejection from the program.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to apply is July 14, 2016.
Step 1: Please follow this link (will only be active 6/12-7/14) and fill out the application/questionnaire.
Step 2: Accepted applicants will be sent a separate link to pay the $50 registration fee.
If you have any questions, please contact Emily Weberman at Emily.email@example.com.
ULI Washington Staff
Emily Tara Weberman