ULI Washington Presents: Succeeding in Late-Cycle Development – Tips of the Trade for Navigating the Challenges of High Construction Costs, Rising Land Prices, and a Competitive Financial Landscape
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
|7:30 – 8:00 am||Registration, Breakfast, and Networking|
|8:00 – 9:30 am||Panel and Q&A|
ULI Headquarters/ ULI Washington
2001 L Street NW, Second Floor
Washington, DC 20036 United States
The real estate cycle is alive and well. As clusters of construction cranes dot the skylines, and with deep project pipelines across multiple markets and product types, many experts are predicting that we are at or near the top of an extended 7+ year period of economic expansion. So much economic activity has translated into surging construction costs, rising land prices, challenging financing, and a highly competitive market for much of the new product that is soon to deliver. Despite these challenging conditions, with a clear strategy and conscious approach to new projects and business ventures, there is still ample opportunity to compete and succeed near the top of the cycle.
Real estate professionals across the industry are constantly honing and adapting their skills, processes, and outlook to meet the shifting conditions of a rising market. This panel of experts will share their project experiences and strategies to overcoming the roadblocks of a hot real estate market, in order to deliver projects that meet the budget goals, schedule and absorption targets.
Please join ULI Washington for an informative panel discussion on how stakeholders in the real estate industry can better position themselves to be successful in an evolving and competitive market, as we near the end of this cycle.
- Andrew Asbill – JLL Capital Markets, Senior Vice President
- Dave Fletcher – rand* construction, Principal
- Theresa Sheils – Gensler, Studio Director / Principal
- Kristi Smith – JBG, Executive VP of Development
- Mark Weisner – Bozzuto, Senior Vice President
REPRESENTATIVE QUESTIONS AND TOPICS
- What creative financing strategies can be employed to address rising interest rates and a competitive capital market?
- How can construction management techniques be effectively used to deal with labor shortages and rising costs?
- What design approaches can be utilized in projects to both meet rising costs and differentiate the product when coming to market?
Special thanks to the Young Leaders Education Committee for planning this event for everyone!
|Young Leader (<35)||$20||$40|
2016/2017 Corporate Sponsors
Please forward attendee information to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Registration Deadline – Thursday, May 4, 2017
After this date please add $5 to each category
To check availability after the deadline date please call: 240-497-1919