ULI Washington- Retail in the Age of Amazon- Strategies for Retail Success
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
7:30 – 8:00 AM Registration and Refreshments
8:00 – 9:30 AM Panel and Q&A
ULI Headquarters/ ULI Washington
2001 L Street NW, Second Floor
Washington, DC 20036
Pre-Registration Deadline – Thursday, April 19, 2018
The retail landscape is changing fast with brick-and-mortar retailers providing new experiential retail attractions to lure customers away from the ease of shopping online. At the same time, digital retailers from Amazon to Warby Parker are opening brick-and-mortar stores to build brand awareness at the street level.
Recent studies show 49% of consumers are purpose-driven, meaning they already know what they are looking for before they walk into a store. The remaining 51% are experience-driven where the location, design, and value of the brand affect their purchasing decisions. How will these evolving trends and preferences affect the future of retail development? What are the strategies for developing an appropriate tenant mix, to create successful and vibrant retail environments?
Please join ULI Washington for an informative panel discussion on current retail trends and how to succeed in today’s fast-changing retail environment.
- Moderator: Heather Arnold, Director, Research & Analysis, Streetsense
- John Asadoorian, Principal Broker, Asadoorian Retail Solutions
- Chris Weilminster, EVP & President, Mixed-Use Division, Federal Realty Investment Trust
- Reed Kracke, Managing Director, Asana Partners
- David Dochter, Principal and Co-Founder, Dochter & Alexander Retail Advisors
Additional Panelist(s) To Be Announced.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
- What trends are shaping retail locally and nationally?
- What are retailers looking for in choosing locations?
- How do owners decide if they should pursue purpose-driven or experience-driven consumers?
- How much retail is the right amount for a mixed-use project?
- Is the DC region headed toward a restaurant bubble or is this the new normal?
- Should new projects attract local or national retailers? What’s the right mix?
Special thanks to the Young Leaders Education Committee for planning this event for everyone!