ULI Washington Presents: The Purple Line - What to expect from the region's next big transit investment
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
7:30 – 8:00 AM Registration and Refreshments
8:00 – 9:30 AM Panel and Q&A
ULIHeadquarters/ ULI Washington
2001 L Street NW, Second Floor
Washington, DC 20036
With construction of the Purple Line now well underway, projects are beginning to sprout up in communities along the 16-mile light-rail route. With 21-stops across both Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties, the Purple Line will create new opportunities for transit-oriented development along the corridor. The Purple Line presents an important opportunity for economic growth and expansion for both existing Metro station and new Purple Line station areas. With that opportunity, also comes a challenge to ensure that existing residents and businesses will also benefit from the new connections created by the Purple Line.
Please join ULI Washington for an informative panel discussion with developers, non-profit leaders, and planners on how the Purple Line is changing the built environment and creating new opportunities to live, work and play in the
region. The panel will discuss the impacts of the Purple Line on existing affordable and market-rate housing; how County planners are preparing for this expected wave of development; strategies for marketing station areas to attract new businesses and residents; and the potential for the Purple Line to transform economic competitiveness in the region.
Miti Figueredo, Senior Advisor to the Chair, Montgomery County Park & Planning Commission
- Casey Anderson, Chair, Montgomery County Planning Board
- Jason Bockenek, Vice President, Development, Carr Properties
- Maryann Dillon, Executive Director, Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc.
- Jeff Kayce, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Bozzuto Development
Additional Panelists to Be Announced.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
- What are the market opportunities for new Purple Line stations?
- How will the Purple Line change business attraction efforts?
- How will Purple Line connections to Metro shape existing TOD developments?
- Will the Purple Line reduce congestion in the region?
- Are there lessons learned from the Silver Line that we can apply to the Purple Line?
- How can communities ensure the Purple Line is a benefit for existing residents and businesses?
| || Member|| Non-Member|
| Public/Private|| $30|| $40|
| Young Leader < 35|| $20|| $40|
Prices increase $5 after Thursday May 9th
To check availability after the deadline date please call:
(mention meeting code: # 8138-1928)
Special thanks to the Young Leaders Education Committee for planning this event for everyone!