ULI Washington: Best Practices for Hosting Internships for Equity-Seeking Students Part II: Insights from Academia
Join ULI in the second of a series of discussions with leaders in land use and commercial real estate regarding best practices for designing, implementing and supporting internships for equity-seeking students through diversity, equity, inclusion, access and belonging (DEIAB). Senior leaders will outline key considerations and strategies to make DEIAB guiding forces that shape organizational culture to host equity-seeking interns and support their success.
This event features a panel of leaders from local universities sharing expectations, requirements and strategies for meaningful university student commercial real estate and land use internships, including:
- Understanding the current generation;
- Standards and expectations for paid internships and internships providing academic credit;
- Considerations for school year vs. summer internships;
- How to optimize inclusion; and
- How to foster a long-term relationship with interns to create a path from collegeto working and thriving in the CRE industry.
- Eric Maribojoc, Executive Director of the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship at the George Mason University School of Business
- Rosetta Price, Assistant Director of the Career Development Center at Bowie State University
- Inthia Bowman-Ruffin, Interim Program Coordinator, Interior Design, at the Community College of Baltimore County - Catonsville