ULI Washington is one of ULI’s largest District Councils worldwide, with 2,500 members. We welcome membership and participation from individuals who share our commitment to responsible land use to sustain the growth and prosperity of the National Capital region. The opportunity to influence local land use policy remains the focus and achievement of ULI Washington.
The mission of ULI Washington’s Regional Land Use Leadership Institute is to provide a powerful local resource to raise awareness and strengthen collaboration among real estate industry and business leaders from all sectors to tackle the National Capital Area’s complex land use issues. The Regional Land Use Leadership Institute helps develop tomorrow’s leaders who share the ULI’s mission. Throughout the nine- month program, the 30 participants enjoy a mix of lectures and experiences in which they collaborate with real estate, business, and public sector professionals in learning about the region and the complex issues confronting it.
“The ULI Washington Regional Leadership Institute was an incredibly important part of my professional development. Not only did I learn about some of the most innovative projects and practices in the region, but I also established relationships with other professionalsin land use, architecture and development that have carried on to this day.”Gwen Wright, Planning Director for Montgomery CountyLeadership Institute Class of 2012
- September 17, 2020- Virtual Session- The Region in Context
- October 2020- Virtual Session- Leadership Training and Transportation + Infrastructure
- November 2020-Virtual Session- Finance + Development Process
- December 2020- Virtual Sessions- Leadership Training and Housing + Affordability
- January 2021- Virtual Sessions- Leadership Training and Trends + Innovation
- February 2021- Leadership Training and Health+ Livability
- March 2021- Leadership Training and Placemaking + Design
- April 2021- Leadership Training and Resiliency + The Built Environment
- May 20, 2021- Graduation
- Be an emerging leader. This program is primarily for professionals who are poised to assume leadership positions in their organization or profession in the near future.
- Have a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the for-profit, non-profit, or public sector in the real estate industry or related fields, including development, housing, architecture, planning, government, transportation, finance, or sustainability. Applicants from associate sectors such as health care, the arts, education, and public safety, are encouraged to apply.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Be fully committed to the program. The Leadership Institute will require a significant time commitment. Right now, the program is planned to provide 6-8 hours each month of programming. We hope to provide a hybrid of virtual and in-person programs. The program will adapt as regulations around in-person events evolve.
- The selection committee strives to create a diverse cohort with representation from a variety of sectors, disciplines, races, and gender.
Regional Land Use Leadership Institute Committee
ULI Washington Regional Land Use Leadership Institute Leadership & Staff
Becca Hertz – Manager, ULI Washington