ULI Washington Young Leaders: 2020 – 2021 Mentorship Program
Members Only: Prospective members encouraged to apply to mentorship program and can join ULI upon acceptance to mentorship program.
This program is a great opportunity for Young Leaders to learn from top professionals, gain unique experience, and build meaningful relationships with peers and Mentors
Registration is now open for the program’s 15th program year, which begins in September 2020 and runs through Summer 2021. Please complete the application process by July 31st to be considered for the program. Applicants admitted to the program will be sent a separate link to pay the $75 registration fee.
The ULI Washington Mentorship program pairs small groups of young leaders with industry veterans, for the purpose of building relationships and sharing industry best practices. Groups schedule their own monthly meetings and determine their own content, often joining together for project tours or panel discussions. The program also hosts networking events throughout the year as a benefit to participants.
As the success of each group is only possible with 100% participation and attendance by all group members for the full program year, program participants are selected based on the competitive application process outlined below.
Members Only opportunity: Prospective members need to join ULI to apply to the Mentorship program. Click here to join.
Fall 2020 – Summer 2021
June 15th – August 10th
- Each group has 1 mentor and 5-7 young leaders
- Groups mix professional backgrounds and organizations so young leaders experience the breadth of the real estate community
- Each group meets regularly based on their schedule (most often once a month)
- Locations and topics vary according to each group’s interests, but often include:
o informal discussions,
o career planning,
o project case studies,
o social events,
o project tours,
o small panel discussions
- Small group format necessitates every young leader be fully committed to the program. 100% attendance and participation is expected throughout the full program year
Coordinators play a crucial role in the program by acting as a liaison with the Mentor, scheduling meetings, working to keep the group focused, and providing feedback to the Mentorship committee. The coordinators:
- Ensure that the group continues to meet on a regular basis and that each member of the group is contributing
- Manage scheduling of meetings and keep in touch with the mentor and other group members throughout the year
- Provide feedback to the Mentorship committee throughout the year
- If you are interested in this role please check the appropriate box on the registration form
- Application opens June 15th
- Applicants must be a ULI member
- Applicants who are accepted to the program will be sent a link to a ULI website to pay the $75 registration fee (please allow for several weeks to hear back regarding this)
- You must complete both application steps to be eligible to participate
- Capacity limitations and participation requirements create a competitive application process –not all applicants will be accepted into the program. Completing only one step of the application will result in automatic rejection from the program.
- Deadline to apply is August 10th, 2020.
Step 1: Please follow this LINK (will only be active 6/15-8/10) and fill out the application.
Step 2: Accepted applicants will be sent a separate link to pay the $75 registration fee (please allow for several weeks to hear back regarding this).
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Hertz at email@example.com.