TOD Product Council
Welcome to the Baltimore-Washington Transit Oriented Development Product Council, an invited collection of industry professionals who meet over the course of the year around the DMV. The role of the council is to educate and actively promote best practices for sustainable, high-quality development in and around current and planned transit facilities.
As the population of the region continues to expand, and shifts from vehicular dependent to more walkable development (urban and suburban), the TOD council is well positioned to positively influence development and quality of living for local communities, while advancing the Urban Land Institute’s core mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities.
Areas of Interest
- Sharing best practices in design, engineering, and execution
- Financial impediments and implications
- Facilitating mixed-use development at transit stations
- Adaptive re-use of obsolete facilities at or near transit
- Infrastructure investments and prioritization
- Advancing public/private partnerships
- Affordable and workforce housing
- Technology advancements and impacts
- Community engagement and outreach
- Sharing best policy practices
To learn more Click here