Real Estate Investments Analyst
outlier is currently seeking an Analyst to join the Investments Team. The Analyst will work alongside principals and members of the team with the opportunity to contribute significantly to the Company’s acquisition activity and investment decisions by providing execution and analytical support for the acquisition of real assets.
Your highest priority will be to support the underwriting and due diligence efforts of the outlier‘s strategy focused on non-institutional value-add multifamily properties. You will play a critical role in the process of evaluating potential acquisitions, underwriting, conducting market research, and supporting related capital markets activities.
Your primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Create, manage, and update pro-forma cash flow models for potential multifamily acquisitions
- Support the Investments Team on ad-hoc activities related to deal sourcing and due diligence
- Assist and prepare internal materials and external-facing equity offering memorandums. Conduct market research and identify potential investment opportunities
- Provide analytical support as needed
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will be achieved by a candidate who possess and demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on real estate, finance, business, or accounting
- 1-2 years of commercial real estate experience preferably in acquisitions, capital markets, investment sales, or investment banking
- Familiarity and ability to think critically about commercial real estate deal structuring, waterfalls, and sensitivity analysis o Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) o Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills
- High accountability and sense of ownership o Displays discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Collaborative teammate who displays flexibility and adaptability o Desire to work in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Positive attitude and a drive to be your best self, demonstrate that you consistently seek opportunities to make yourself, your environment, and those around you better
What will it be like to work for outlier:
outlier is a diversified real estate investment company based in Bethesda, Maryland focused on several investment strategies including value-add multifamily projects, urban infill, and co-living developments. The Company is privately held, highly entrepreneurial, and provides candidates with an excellent opportunity to be a meaningful contributor in a growth-stage environment. At outlier, we believe that our core principles of people, giving, and truth, can collectively foster a growth mindset that supports innovative thinking and exceptional results.
Benefits package includes:
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401k with employer match
- Unlimited time off
- Complimentary fitness membership
Salary commensurate with experience. outlier provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, Veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by law.
How do I apply?
Please send expressions of interest and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org