ULI Washington has announced the date and location for the 5th Annual Walkable Urban Places Conference. This year’s conference will focus on the impact walkability will have on the future of real estate development.
- Who: ULI Washington, The George Washington University’s Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis and the School of Public Health
- What: 2016 Walkable Urban Metro Washington: The Future of Real Estate Development
- Where: George Washington University Jack Morton Auditorium 805 21St St NW, Washington, DC United States
- When: Wednesday, September 21st, 2016, 8:00am-12:30pm
ULI Washington will host the half-day conference in conjunction with The George Washington University’s (GWU) Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis (CREUA). This conference will highlight recent GWU research demonstrating that metro Washington continues to lead the country in walkable urban development that correlates with substantial rental and sales price premiums, a highly educated workforce, increased GDP per capita, and, social equity.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rich Bradley, former Executive Director, Downtown DC Business Improvement District
- Tony Costa, Senior Advisor to the Administrator, FedScape Project: US General Services Administration
- Calvin Gladney, President, Urban Mosaic
- Dr. Don Hawkins, Professor of Management and Tourism Studies, GWSB
- Shyam Kannan, Director of Planning, WMATA
- Brian Kenner, Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development, DC Mayor’s Office (Invited)
- Christopher B. Leinberger, Professor and Chair, CREUA
- Dr. Tracy Loh, Senior Data Scientist, CREUA
- Jodie W. McLean, CEO, EDENS
- Michael Rodriguez, Director of Research, CREUA
- Robert Youngentob, President, EYA and Chair, ULI-Washington
To obtain media credentials please contact ULIPress@millennialdc.com OR 202-417-8605.